Hi Stampers, Today for our hop we have a sketch challenge. Inking up the stamp set “To A Wild Rose” was a fun way to make a Christmas card with a non Christmas stamp set. I am thrilled with the results and hope you will ink this stamp set up and make a Christmas card too. Enjoy the hop!
To A Wild Rose Christmas Card:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
DSP panel: Wrapped In Plaid-1/4 x 3-5/8
Gold Strip: Gold Glimmer Paper 5-1/4 x 1
Sentiment piece: Whisper White
Swirly pieces: Gold Glimmer Paper
- Stamp your rose and leaf images (2) from the To A Wild Rose Stamp Set with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock
- Color your images using your Stampin Blends as follows
- Rose: Cherry Cobbler
- Leaves: Shaded Spruce
- After you color in your images die cut them out using the Wild Rose Dies
- Die cut your sentiment piece from the Wild Rose Dies using a piece of Whisper White Card Stock
- Stamp the Sentiment from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set using Tuxedo Memento Black Ink (stamp the sentiment to the right side of the die cut piece)
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your gold strip to the bottom of the card front
- Adhere you DSP panel to the front of the card overlapping the gold strip
- Adhere your sentiment with dimensionals to the front of the card and off to the right side a tad
- Adhere you flower with dimensionals on top of the sentiment piece
- Tuck one set of leaf clusters under the top of the flower
- Snip the other leaf cluster apart and adhere these leaves to the bottom of the flower
- Die cut some swirls using the die from the Christmas Cardinal Die set using the Gold Glimmer paper
- Adhere the swirls under the flower at 11 and 5 oclock
- Punch some dots from the Gold Glimmer paper using a few different sized paper hole punches and adhere them to the front the of the card in clusters
- Add a few of the Gold Metallic Pearls in with the Gold Glimmer dots
- Add one large Gold Glimmer paper punched dot for the center of the flower and you are done!
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: