Hi Stampers, today for our blog hop we have a sketch challenge. I used the fun scrappy strip technique with the Wonder of the Season DSP for the background of my card and The Poinsettia Petals Bundle worked beautifully to add some glamor to the card to finish off the look.
Stampin’ Up! Wonder of the Season meets Poinsettia Petals:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Panel: Brushed Metallic in Gold 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Mat: Shaded Spruce 4 x 5-1/4
Scrappy Strip panel: Shaded Spruce 3 x 5-1/4
- Cut diagonal strips of the Wonder of the Season DSP
- Cut diagonal strips of the Brushed Metallic Gold DSP
- Using your 3 x 5-1/4 piece of Shaded Spruce DSP glue the strips of DS to the front of the panel (leaving a tiny space between each strip) The strips will hang off the edge of the paper
- After you strips are all glued on, turn the panel over and using your paper trimmer, trim all the strips flush with the card panel
- Emboss the the 4 x 5-1/4 Shaded Spruce panel with the Dainty Diamonds EF
- Adhere your scrappy strip panel to the Shaded Spruce panel
- Stamp the medium and small poinsettia images from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set onto Vellum with your Versa Mark Ink
- Emboss the images with White Embossing Powder and heat set with your heat gun.
- Die cut the images out with the Poinsettia Dies
- Adhere the two layers of poinsettias together with a glue dot
- Die cut 3 leave using the die from Poinsettia Dies and your Brushed Metallic DSP
- Stamp your sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set with Shaded Spruce Ink onto Whisper White card stock
- Die cut the sentiment out using the Stitched Rectangle Die
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the gold panel to the front of the card
- Wrap a piece of the gold cord around the scrappy strip panel
- Attach the scrappy strip panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your sentiment to the right hand side of the card, on top of the gold cord
- Adhere your poinsettia with glue dots
- Tuck in the leaves under the poinsettia and adhere with glue dots
- Adhere a Beaded Pearl to the center of the flower
- Add some Basic Pearls here and there on the front of the card and you are done
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card:
7 Replies to “Stampin’ Up! Wonder of the Season meets Poinsettia Petals for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop”
WOW! This is wonderful Kristi 🙂 Love your design and the poinsettia is perfect. Gorgeousness!!
So pretty Kristi!! Love the poinsettia with the gold touches, perfect design! 🙂
So pretty!! The spruce is so pretty with the brushed gold and vellum – and the scrappy strips are fun, but still so elegant! ?
You have done it again! Beautiful! love the poinsettia with the gold leaves.
A very beautiful card. thank you for sharing it.
How creative, Kristi! I love the strips mixed up like that better than a solid piece of that paper. Beautiful poinsettia card. TFS.
What a cool design, Kristi! Love the papers you put together with that gorgeous poinsettia! 🙂
Comments are closed.