Hi Stampers, today we have a color challenge using, Real Red, Garden Green and Very Vanilla. The Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper was a great jumping off point. I then thought, hmm the Toile Christmas stamp set would be a great pairing but wanted to do something different since I have already shared a few cardinal cards with you. What popped into my head was a favorite from last year that I did not use that much but dearly love, Dashing Deer. Combining these two was great as they work so well together. Enjoy our hop and make sure you see all the other beautiful cards our team created today.
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Toile Tidings and Dashing Deer:
Card base: Real Red 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at each end at 2-1/8 to create the bi-fold card base
DSP panel: Toile Tidings 2 x 5-3/8 (you need to cut two of these panels)
Belly Band: Real Red 1-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at each end at 2-1/8
Belly band mat: Toile Tidings 1-3/8 x 8-3/8 scored at each end at 2-1/8
Inside panel: Very Vanilla 4 x 5-1/4
Scallop circle: Real Red Glimmer Paper
Embossed circle: Very Vanilla Layering Stitched circle die (the largest one) embossed with the Hammered Metal EF
the art piece:
- Die cut your deer image using the Detailed Deer Dies in Real Red card stock
- Die cut a small flower in the Real Red Glimmer paper and a solid flower in Garden Green card stock using the dies from the Detailed Deer die set
- Adhere the art piece circle to the Red Glimmer paper scallop circle
- Glue your Real Red deer onto the top of the art piece
- Cut your solid Garden Green flower in half and use as leaves for the neck piece on the deer
- Adhere your Real Red Glimmer paper flower to the deer’s neck just above the leaves
- Adhere your Toile Tidings panels to the front flaps of your card front
- Glue your Toile Tidings belly band mat to the Real Red belly band
- Adhere the right side of the belly band to the right side of the card flap, wrap your belly band around the card then adhere the left side of the belly band to the left side of the front card flap
- Adhere the art piece to the left side of the front belly band only (this will insure that your card will open
- Stamp your sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock
- Die cut your sentiment using the Rectangle Stitched Dies
- Adhere the sentiment to the art piece
- Make a small Real Red Cotton Ribbon and attach it to the left side of the art piece
- Add a few Gold Pearls to the art piece and you are done
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card:
8 Replies to “Stampin’ Up! Toile Tidings and Dashing Deer Card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop”
That is stunning Kristi! The colors are perfect with your design. 🙂
Thank you Amy. I forgot to snap a picture of the inside to show how it opens!
Thank you Julie
Such a pretty gate fold card, Kristi. Your artpiece with the deer is stunning – love all the little details.
Thanks Sue. I forgot to show a picture of the open card. There will be one on my Monday blog.
Comments are closed.