Hi stampers and card makers, today for our hop we have a sketch challenge. The Soft Seedlings stamp set was my choice for the hop and boy, was it fun to ink up. The image is gorgeous and the color combinations you could use are endless. I used some deep fall hues of Merry Merlot, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry for this card, but it could be done in soft greens or moody fall yellow tones, any choice would be fantastic. Oh, the possibilities! What color combo would you use to make this leaf image?
Stampin’ Up! Soft Seedlings:
Card base: Merry Merlot 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Pumpkin Pie: 4-3/4 x 4
Art piece: Basic White 5 x 3-3/4
The art piece:
- Take your acrylic block and the end of your ink pads and tap the ink in three sections on the block using Merry Merlot, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry ink
- Spritz the block with a water spritzer and let the colors blend a bit
- Turn the block over and press it down onto the art piece, letting it sit for a few seconds before lifting the block off. Let this dry
- Stamp the leaf image from Soft Seedings onto the front of the card with Merry Merlot ink
- Add some first and second-generation splatters using the image from the Forever Fern stamp set, stamping with Merry Merlot Ink
- Stamp the sentiment from the Soft Seedings stamp set in Merry Merlot ink onto the bottom right side of the art piece
Putting the card together:
- Attache the Pumpkin Pie panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Wrap a piece of Linen Thread around the art piece two times
- Attach the art piece to the front of the card with your Stampin Seal
- Attach a double Linen Thread bow to the front of the card with a glue dot
- Color a few Rhinestones with a Dark Cajun Craze Stampin Blend and adhere to the front of the card
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.