Hi Stampers, today for our hop we had a sketch challenge. I am still inking up new stamp sets that I have not played with yet. Today it was time to get the Sending Smiles bundle inked up. I liked this stamp set when I ordered it, but actually making cards with it, it now falls into the “I love it” category. I made two different colors that I am showcasing on my blog but I think I will make a card in every color of the rainbow because, why not, the card would just be lovely in any color. I hope you stop by each of our team members blogs to see what they created with the sketch today.
I flipped my sketch from landscape to portrait. It is amazing how different a small twist can make to change things up a bit!
Stampin’ Up! Sending Smiles:
Card base: Basic White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Merry Merlot 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Awash in Beauty 3-7/8 x 5-1/2
Banner piece: 6 x 6 In Color Polished Pink die cut with the Stylish Shape banner die
Circle: Basic White Stylish Shape die
- Stamp the flowers and leaves from the Sending Smiles stamp set on Basic White cs as follows:
- Stamp the flowers in Merry Merlot with daffodil Delight centers
- Stamp the leaves in Mossy Meadow
- Die cut the flowers and leaves with the Sending Dies
- Die cut the “sending” word from Merry Merlot cards stock using the Sending Dies
- Die cut the shadow “sending” from Basic White card stock 3 times using the Sending Dies. Glue all 3 die cut together. (This make is more dimensional and sturdier too)
- Glue the Merry Merlot word to the stack of shadow dies with Liquid Glue
- Stamp the sentiment with Merry Merlot Ink from the Sending Smiles stamp set onto Basic White card stock
- Die cut this sentiment out with the die from Sending Dies
Putting The Card Together:
- Adhere the DSP to the Merry Merlot mat with Stampin Seal
- Attach this panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere the circle die cut to the left-hand side of the card front with Dimensionals
- Tuck the In Color die cut banner underneath the circle and attach with Liquid Glue
- Glue on the leaves to the Basic White circle with Liquid Glue
- Add the flowers to the top of the stems with Dimensionals
- Attach the “sending” to the circle with Liquid Glue
- Adhere the die cut sentiment underneath the “sending” with Dimensionals
- Add several Rhinestones to the circle and front of the card and you are done
Another Color Way:
Here is another color way that I created. It is the exact same card just using Pale Papya and Calypso Coral instead. Which one do you like best?
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: