Hi Stampers, Today we had a sketch challenge and I decided to use the “Sailing Home” stamp set and dies. Can I say, I LOVE this set! There are so many possibilities with all the stamps and dies include in this suite. I’m so happy to have another option to make more cards that suit the gentlemen in our lives too. Enjoy the hop today and happy stamping.
Here is the sketch:
Stampin’ Up! Sailing Home:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Night of Navy 5-1/4 x 4
Mat: Sahara Sand 3-5/8 x 4
DSP: Come Sail Away 3-1/2 x 4
DSP strip: Come Sail Away 1 x 4-3/4
Circle: Whisper White and Large Shaped Stitched Die
Scallop: Night of Navy Layering Circle Framelits
Here are the details:
- Stamp the small boat from the Sailing Home Stamp Set in Black Tuxedo Memento Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock
- Color in the sails with your Balmy Blue Stampin Blends
- Color in the hull of the sail boat with your Night of Navy Stampin blends
- Die cut the two boats out with the Smooth Sailing Dies
- Die cut the steering wheel in Sahara Sand and the Smooth Sailing Die (sponge the edges with and sponge dauber and Sahara Sand Ink)
- Stamp your sentiment in Night of Navy Ink to the Whisper White Circle
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your DSP panel to the Sahara Sand mat
- Adhere your sentiment circle piece to the Night of Navy Scalloped circle
- Adhere the matted circle to the matted DSP panel
- Adhere the matted panel and matted circle to the Night of Navy mat
- Adhere the small DSP strip to the front of the card
- Wrap a piece of Sahara Sand and Night of Navy Bakers Twine around the matted panel twice
- Attach this panel to the front of the card
- Attach your left sail boat with a glue dot to the sentiment circle
- Attach the top sail boat on the right with dimensionals
- Attach your steering wheel with green glue
- Adhere a Bakers Twine bow on top of the steering wheel
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: