Hi Stampers, Today we have a combined blog hop with our friends in Canada. We have a sketch and color challenge today which we could pick one or both to design our card from. Today I used the sketch and color challenge to make my card. I pulled out a favorite flower today that has not seen much ink and thought… Let’s remember all the stamps from the annual catalog!
Here is the sketch:
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up Pop of Petals:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Whisper White 4x 5-1/4 Embossed with the Basket Weave EF
DSP: Brights Paper Pack Mango Melody 2-1/2 x 4-1/2
DSP: Bright Paper Pack Flirty Flaming 2-3/4 x 4 (cut a tail at the bottom with your snips)
Here are the details:
- Stamp the flowers into a piece a scrap Whisper White card stock : 2 in Flirty Flamingo and 1 in Mango Melody Inks
- Stamp the leaves onto a piece of scrap Whisper White card stock in Old Olive Ink (I used another flower image from the Pop of Petals to make the leaves)
- Punch the leaves and flowers out the with matching punch
- Adhere your embossed mat to the card front with dimensionals
- Adhere your two DSP panels together
- Wrap a double Whisper White Bakers Twine loop around the DSP panels
- Adhere the DSP panels to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Adhere your Mango Melody flower with a glue dot
- Adhere your top Flirty Flamingo flower with a dimensional
- Adhere the bottom flower with a glue dot
- Cuts your leave into singles and attach to the flower clusters with glue dots
- Stamp your sentiment into a piece of scrap Whisper White card stock and punch it out with your Classic Label Punch
- Adhere it to the front of the card
- Add a double Bakers Twine Bow to the front of the card
- Add a few pearls here and there and your card is complete
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card:
12 Replies to “Stampin’ Up! Pop of Petals for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop”
So pretty Kristi! The colors are perfect for flowers, love your layers and embossed background too! 🙂
Fantastic! I think this set is way under utilized. Your flowers are stamped perfectly. Great use of both challenges.
Lovely card, Kristi! The design and colors are just perfect! 🙂
Kristi, this is such a fabulous card!!! I almost used the same set because of the sketch and I am so glad you did as it’s just what I envisioned…GORGEOUS card!!
Very pretty card! Love the colors
Love how you used both challenges. Great use of the colors for flowers. Great card.
Thank you Jaimie
Wow , so many dimensions and they all work. Love the use of the flowers and great job with the colours.
Thank you Shelagh
This is so pretty! Love the color combo with this sketch and how you used the DSP layers.
Thank you Michelle
Comments are closed.