Hi Stampers and Card Makers, today for our hop we have a sketch challenge. The Perched In A Tree stamp set, and dies were the perfect set for the sketch. As soon as I saw this set, I knew it was going to be exciting to color and create with. I was not disappointed in how fun this bundle was to use. I had fun making several different bird color combinations and chose the fall-colored bird for the hop today.
Stampin’ Up! Perched In A Tree:
Card base: Very Vanilla 4-1/2 x 11, scored at 5-1/5
Mat: Distressed Gold 4 x 5-1/4
Embossed and Die Cut panel: Very Vanilla 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Stamp the bird image onto watercolor paper with Veramark Ink
- Head emboss the bird with Black Embossing Powder
- Paint the bird by wetting the watercolor paper with your Aqua Painter and color the bird with diluted puddles of reinker, working in sections
- The reinkers I used were Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede and a touch of Crushed Curry
- I flooded each section with water and with watered down reinker,s dropped color on the image with my aqua painter and let the colors run.
- Let the colors dry in-between applications so the colors do not get muddy. Each bird with turn out different as the water and reinkers do their own thing.
- Die cut the bird with the Aspen Tree Die after the bird is dry
- Die cut two leaves from the Aspen Tree dies, one in Pumpkin Pie and one in Cajun Craze
- Sponge the edges of the leaves with your sponge dauber and Soft Suede Ink
- Die cut 3 Distressed Gold leaves using the die from the Cottage Rose die set
- Stamp the tree branch image onto watercolor paper with Veramark Ink
- Heat emboss the image with black embossing powder
- Watercolor the branch with your reinkers, Aqua Painter and Soft Suede ink
- Die cut the branch with the Aspen Tree die
The Aspen Tree Panel:
- Die cut the Very Vanilla 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 panel using the Aspen Tree Die
- With a Blending Brush, lightly color the tree trunks with Soft Sude Ink
- Run the inked, die cut panel through your embossing machine using the Timbers EF
- Stamp the sentiment with Black ink onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using the phrase from the Soft Seedlings stamp set
- Die cut the sentiment the Stylish Shaped die
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the Aspen Tree die cut panel to the Distressed Gold panel
- Attach this to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your branch to the front of the card with Liquid Glue
- Attach your bird to the branch with Dimensionals
- Tuck the two leaves under the bird and branch with liquid glue
- Attach the sentiment to the front of the card
- Adhere the gold leaves in and around the bird and leaves with Liquid Glue
- Adhere a double Linen Thread bow to the leaf cluster with a glue dot
- Add some Gold Adhesive Backed Sequin from the Seasonal Sequins pack in the mini catalog and then you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.