Hi Stampers, Today for our hop our theme is “PLAID” What a better paper to use than the wonderful Plaid Tidings DSP (it is on sale now too!) I paired it up the the Joyful Holly stamp set. The combination was fun and this card was oh so fast and easy! This card will be a great one to make several to give out during the holidays.
Stampin’ Up! Joyful Holly and Plaid Tidings:
Card base: Cherry Cobbler 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4
DSP panel: Plaid Tidings 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Art piece: 3-Whisper White 3-3/8 x 4-1/8
Sentiment: Cherry Cobbler 7/8 x approx. 3-1/4 punched with the Triple Banner Punch
- Stamp the 2 holly outline images from the Joyful Holly stamp set onto the left hand side of the art piece with Tuxedo Memento Black Ink
- Stamp the solid holly image from the Joyful Holly stamp set to fill in the holly leaves using Shaded Spruce Ink
- Stamp the holly berries from the Joyful Holly stamp set using Cherry Cobbler Ink
- Emboss the art piece with the Subtle Embossing Folder
- Glue your art piece onto the other two pieces of 3-3/8 x 4-1/8 Whisper White card stock
- Stamp your sentiment using the greeting from the Joyful Holly stamp set with Versa Mark Ink
- Heat emboss with White Emboss Powder
Putting the card together:
- Adhere you Plaid Tidings DSP to the Whisper White mat
- Wrap a piece of Linen Thread around this panel 3 times about 1-7/8 inches from the bottom
- Adhere the panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your stacked panel art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach your sentiment with glue dots
- Adhere a double Linen Thread bow to the left side of the sentiment
- Color in some small Rhinestones with your Dark Red Stampin Blend
- Attach the colored Rhinestones over and around the red berries on the card and you are finished
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card:
18 Replies to “Stampin’ Up! Joyful Holly and Plaid Tidings Card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop”
So pretty!! Love the way you stamped the holly and how it goes so well with the plaid!?
Thank you Akiko
The plaid you chose is perfect for your beautiful stamping. I like the placement of your linen thread and bow…very appealing.
Thank you Karen
Wow, just beautiful Kristi!! The plaid is perfect with those holly images, great design! 🙂
Thank you Amy
Simply beautiful Kristi 🙂
Thank you Karen
Great choice of plaid to go with the holly. Beautiful card!
Thank you Julie
Love your holly and those rhinestone touches. Perfect use of the plaid! TFS.
Thank you Susan
love what you did here – a totally different take on the design – gorgeous!
Thank you Terry
Holly is my “go-to” Christmas accent. You have created a gorgeous card. Now I want that stamp set!
Thank you Diane
What a lovely Card! The colors are perfect.
Thank you Kathleen
Comments are closed.