Hi Stampers, I am finally back to making cards. We moved across country in July and lived at rental house until our home was built here in Kentucky. In December we packed up the rental and moved into our new home. My stamps and supplies were the last items that we unloaded as I needed to get my craft space built first. The space is done and that means I can get those stamps inky, and cards made. Today for our hop we have a sketch challenge, and I could not wait to use the Home and Garden bundle. When I saw this set, I thought of my dad and wanted to make him some Father’s Day and Birthday cards. Here is my first card in 8 weeks inspired by the sample in the mini catalog and our sketch challenge.
Stampin’ Up Home and Garden:
Card base: Basic Black 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Simply Elegant DSP 4 x 5-1/4
Art piece: Basic White Die cut with the Stitched Rectangle Dies (Approx. 4 x 2-5/8)
Mat for art piece: Real Red 4-1/8 x 2-3/4
- Using the Home and Garden stamp set, stamp the tools with Memento Black Ink onto Basic White card stock
- Shovel, ladder, Rake and shears: color in with Stampin Blends using, Smokey Slate and Real Red
- Die cut the tools out with the coordinating Garden Dies
- Die cut the Tool rack with a piece of DSP from In Good Taste with the tool rack die from the Garden Dies
- Die cut 4 Basic Black Tool hangers from the Garden Dies
- emboss the Basic White art piece with the Subtle EF
- Stamp the sentiment from the Home and Garden stamp set in Real Red Ink
- Die cut the sentiment using the Stitched Rectangle Dies
Putting the card together:
- Wrap a piece of Basic Black Bakers Twine around the Simply Elegant DSP
- Attach this piece to the front of the Basic Black card front with Stampin seal
- Mount your art piece to the Real Red mat
- Attach the art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere the garden rack to the top of the art piece with Liquid Glue
- Attach the garden hooks to the garden rack with liquid glue
- Adhere the tools to the card using Mini Dimensionals
- Attach a double Basic Black Bakers Twine bow to the left of the art piece with a Glue Dot
- Attache the sentiment to the right had side of the art piece, on top of the tools with liquid glue and Dimensionals and you are done!
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: