Hi stampers, today for our hop we have a DSP challenge. My card is using the He’s the Man DSP from the annual catalog and this card has NO ink or stamping! (But I did sneak in a bow, because this is a “Kristi” card after all, and don’t all my cards have bows? lol) Using the scrappy strip technique was a fun way to use lots of DSP and make a quick card too. Please stop by our other team members blogs to see what they created using DSP
Stampin’ Up! He’s the Man:
Card base: Early Espresso 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Sahara Sand 5-1/4 x 4
Scrappy Strip base: Sahara Sand 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Scrappy Strips: He’s the Man DSP 5 x varied widths cut at a diagonal
Scallop mat: Early Espresso Die cut with the Layering Circle Dies
Circle: Basic White die cut with Stylish Shape Die
- Cut a variety of diagonal strips from the He’s the Man DSP
- Put several stipes of Stampin Seal Adhesive onto the front of the 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 Sahara Sand scrappy strip base
- Adhere your pieces of DSP to the base starting at the left have side and working across the card, butting the pieces of paper together
- Trim all the overhanging pieces of DSP off the scrappy strip base
Putting the Card Together:
- Mount the scrappy strip layer to the Sahara Sand mat with Stampin Seal
- Adhere this layer to the card front with Dimensional
- Mount the Basic White circle to the Early Espresso scallop mat
- Attache the matted circle to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere the sentiment and bus from the “He’s the Man DSP embellishment pack (it comes with the DSP) to the circle with Dimensionals
- Add a Crumb Cake Bakers Twine bow to the left of the sentiment
- Add a few Rustic Metallic dots to the front of the card and you are done
I had so much fun making this card I had to make a few more. Here is just one more of the many cards I made with the scrappy strip technique using other papers from the He’s the Man DSP paper pack
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: