Hi Stampers, Today for our hop we have a theme challenge called “Critters” In looking at my stash of supplies there was not a critter to be found except for the darling Happy Forest Friends DSP. I put on my creative cap and came up with a way to use this adorable paper and sneak a critter in too. I used a technique called Stack and Shuffle for the background and then added my critter from the DSP to make this card quick and easy. That is a win, win in my book. Please stop by all of our other creative teams blogs today and see what critter they came up with to share with you today.
Stampin’ Up! Happy Forest Friends:
Card base: Calypso Coral 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Mossy Meadow 4 x 5-1/4
panel behind DSP: Basic White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
DSP: Happy Forest Friends DSP (Cuts in the directions below)
Mat for Bear image: Mossy Meadow 1-15/16 x 3- 5/16
- Here are the cuts for the Stack and Shuffle DSP
- Layer all 4 piece of your DSP together and cut all at the same time
- Cut the stacked layer 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- With the paper in the portrait position cut the paper at 2-11/16 (this leaves you with a strip that measures 1-3/16
- Cut the 2-7-8 (this leaves you with another part that measures 2 3-1/6
- Cut the thin strip at 3-3/16 (this leaves you with a part that measures 1-15/16
- Arrange the cuts and attach to the 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 panel of Basic White card stock
- Die the a bear from the Happy Forest Friends DSP with the Stitched Rectangle Die
- Mount this DSP panel to the Mossy Meadow mat
- Adhere your 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 DSP panel to the Mossy Meadow mat
- Wrap a piece of Old Olive Twill Ribbon around the stacked panel
- Stamp the sentiment in Soft Suede Ink using the Go To Greetings stamp set onto white card stock
- Die cut the sentiment using the Stylish Shapes Dies
Putting the Card Together:
- Attach the DSP matted panel to the card front with Dimensionals
- Attach the matted Bear image to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere the sentiment to the bottom of bear die cut panel with Stampin Seal
- Add a Old Olive Twill Ribbon bow to the left of the sentiment with a Glue Dot
- Adhere some Rustic Metallic Dot here and there on the front of the card and you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: