Hi Stampers, Happy Christmas Eve. May your holiday be filled with goodness and joy.
This will be my last holiday card of 2020. I hope you have enjoyed the different seasonal cards this year and were able to make a few of the designs I have shared.
Today for our hop we have a sketch challenge. The Brightly Gleaming DSP is so beautiful and I wanted to use all of designs from the paper pack. I did a technique where I used most of the paper designs in the pack by cutting them up and putting the strips diagonally on the front panel. The card was topped off by my favorite sentiment from the For Unto Us stamp set.
Stampin; Up! For Unto Us and Brightly Gleaming:
Card base: Very Vanilla 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Night of Navy 4 x 5-1/4
Panel for placing the strips: Very Vanilla 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Banner: Night of Navy 3/4 x 3-7/8
Sentiment: Very Vanilla die cut with the Stitched Shaped Circle Die
Sentiment Die: Cooper Foil Sheet die cut with the Layering Circle Scallop Die
- Cut 6 x any size strips of Brightly Gleaming DSP (mine were approx. 1/2 and up in size but any size strips work, no measuring needed on this one)
- Apply liquid glue onto the back of your first strip and lay it anywhere diagonally across the Very Vanilla panel
- Proceed to lay 3 more strips in the same directions leaving tiny spaces between strips
- Apply the next strip in a different direction and proceed to cover the entire card, laying strips of paper down until the card is filled
- Adhere your 3/4 inch strip of Night of Navy card stock across the completed panel about 2/3 the way down
- Stamp your sentiment from For Unto Us in Night of Navy Ink onto the Very Vanilla Stitched Circle
- Mount your sentiment onto the Copper Foil Scallop Die cut with Dimensionals
- Die cut two small Copper snowflakes and one medium Night of Navy snowflakes from the So Many Snowflakes dies
- Attach the Night of Navy snowflake to the sentiment piece at 11 o’clock and attach a small copper snowflake on top with a glue dot
- Attach the other small copper snowflake to the sentiment piece at 5 o’clock with glue dot
Putting the card together:
- Attach your DSP strip panel to the Night of Navy mat
- Wrap a piece of lace Ribbon around the Night of Navy banner strip
- Attach this panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach your sentiment piece to the right hand side of the card over the ribbon panel and Night of Navy strip with Dimensionals
- Add a lace bow to the left side of the sentiment
- Attach Night of Navy Holiday Jewels to the center of the snowflakes
- Add some Rhinestones here and the onto the sentiment piece for added sparkle and you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: