Hi Stampers, Today for our hop we have a sketch challenge and/or a color challenge. We had our pick, do one of the challenges or, if we really felt the creative juices flowing we could do both. I forgot that this week was a combined challenge and already made my card from the sketch so I followed the sketch only. Oh, but do I see a Alternate Monday card coming to mind…you will have to wait and see.
Here is the sketch:
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Floral Frames Goes Christmas:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Real Red 5-1/4 x 4
DSP: Under the Mistletoe 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
DSP strip: Under the Mistletoe 5-1/8 x 1-1/2
Art piece: Whisper White 3-3/8 x 3-3/8
Here are the details:
The art piece:
- Stamp your Floral Frames image into the Whisper White art piece with Black Memento Tuxedo Ink
- Stamp the two floral flower clusters onto a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Color in the flowers with your Stampin Blends in Real Red and Shade with Cherry Cobbler
- Die cut the flowers out with the coordinating die
- Color in your leaf images on the stamped art piece with Old Olive Stampin Blends
- Color in your berries with Real Red Stampin Blends
- Stamp the sentiment in the center of the Floral Frame image from the Mistletoe Season Stamp set
- Emboss the colored art piece with the Subtle EF
- Attach your die cut flower clusters to the stamped image with dimensionals
- Adhere the DSP panels to the Real Red mat
- Wrap a piece of Real Red Ribbon around the seam of the two pieces of DSP
- Attach this panel to the Card front
- Adhere your art piece to the front of the card with dimensionals
The finishing touches:
- Attach a Real Red bow to the right side of the art piece with a glue dot
- Sprinkle Pearls, Rhinestones and Real Red Rhinestones around the flower clusters
- Stamp the inside sentiment
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card:
12 Replies to “Stampin’ Up! “Floral Frames” Goes Christmas for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop”
So pretty Kristi! The little flowers are just perfect, love your designer paper too! 🙂
thank you Amy, it was a fun card to make
Have I told you lately that I love your cards. What a great use of the DSP and I never would have thought to use that set for Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration!
thank you Karen. I love your cards too, I just can’t seem to figure out how to leave a comment on your blog.
Very pretty Kristi. Can hardly wait to see your Alternate card.
Thank you Julie. I was going to use the same stamp set but then my pre order came in and I had to use a new stamp set
Wow!! Love this SO much! Every single element is perfect! 🙂
Thank you Mary
My goodness…..I love how you created a Christmas card with the Floral Frames…what a fabulous idea!!!
thank you Eva
Comments are closed.