Hi Stampers, today for our hop we have a theme challenge with the subject of Spring. Easter Friends came to mind when I was deciding on a stamp set, it just calls SRRING to me. With Easter just around the corner and crocus trying to pop up, this was a great set to use and hey, it has not seen any ink yet, so I had to give it a whirl. That little duck is adorable and was fun to color.
Stampin’ Up! Easter Friends:
Card base: Basic White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
DSP mat: Flowering Fields 4 x 5-1/4
Art piece Basic White die cut with the Stitched Rectangle Die (3 x 4-3/8)
Art piece mat: Daffodil Delight 3-1/8 x 4-1/2
- Stamp the duck From the Eater Friends stamp set onto your art piece with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Color in the duck with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Duck: Daffodill delight and a touch of Dark Pumpkin Pie for added shadow
- Duck bill and feet: Pumpkin Pie
- Grass: Granny Apple Green and a touch of Mossy Meadow Ink using the grass stamp from Easter Friends
- Tear a piece of scrap paper in a random way
- Place the torn paper at the top of the art piece and lightly sponge Balmy Blue ink to the front of the card with your Blending Brush
- Proceed by moving the torn paper down the card and blending Balmy Blue Ink with each layer (avoid the duck as you get next to his body)
- Die cut the tiny flowers from the Hydrangea Dies in Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Mossy Meadow
- After they are cut, sponge the edges of the flowers with a sponge dauber with the same color of ink and the card stock
- Stamp the sentiment from the Easter Friends stamp set onto Basic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Die cut the sentiment out using the Stitched Rectangle Dies
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the Flowering Fields DSP to the card front with Stampin Seal
- Attach the Daffodil Delight mat to the art piece with Stampin Seal
- Attach the art piece to the center of the card front with Dimensionals
- With liquid glue adhere three flowers to the duck’s wing
- Cut three tiny stems from Granny Apple Green card stock and glue to the base of the flower bouquet
- Attach your sentiment with Dimensionals to the upper right side of the art piece
- Adhere a flower to the right side of the sentiment with a glue dot
- Place a tiny pearl in the center of each flower
- Make a bow with the white Bakers Twine from the Bakers Twine Essential Pack and adhere to the base of the flower cluster
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: