Hi Stampers, today for our blog we have a sketch challenge. With this sketch there is lots of space for some big stamping and the Daffodil Daydream stamp set seemed the perfect stamp set to create a springtime card. My focus for this card too was to keep it simple. Sometimes there is not time to spend hours on one card and with this design, simplicity was the main focus. (No “Kristi” bow or extras on this card) and with the Daffodil Daydream stamp set this design works!
Stampin’ Up! Daffodil Daydream:
Card base: Basic White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
DSP panel: Flowering Fields DSP5-1/2 x 4-1/4
Art piece: Basic White 5-1/2 x 3-1/8
Art piece mat: Old Olive 5-1/2 x 3-1/4
- Stamp the Daffodil Daydream image onto your 5-1/2 x 3-1/8 Basic White art piece with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Color in your daffodils with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Leaves: Old Olive
- Daffodil: Daffodil Delight
- Daffodil Centers and shadows: Pumpkin Pie
- After you are finished coloring add some splatters with the splatter image from Quiet Meadow stamp set in 3rd generation Pumpkin Pie Ink
- Emboss the image with the Subtle EF
- Stamp the sentiment from the Many Messages stamp set onto Black Card Stock with Versamark Ink
- Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and then heat set with your Heat Tool
- Die cut the sentiment with the Message Die
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your art piece to the Old Olive mat
- Ahere your DSP panel to the Basic White card front
- Attach the art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere the sentiment to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Add some Basic Pearls to the front of the card and you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: