Hi stampers and card makers, today for our hop we have a color challenge using iconic Christmas colors. Our choice was to use at least 3 of the following colors, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Poppy Parade, Garden Green, and Mossy Meadow. I used mostly Real Red, Mossy Meadow and Garden Green in my card today. After you visit my blog, make sure you stop by our other creative team members blogs and see what they did with the color challenge today.
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Cottage Wreath Card:
Card base: Basic White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Real Red 4 x 5-1/4
DSP panel: Gingham Cottage in Real Red 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
DSP strip: Painted Christmas 2 x 5-1/8
Circle: Basic White from the Stylish Shape Dies
making the wreath:
- Stamp the wreath from the Cottage Wreath stamp set in Garden Green ink onto Basic white card stock
- Die cut the wreath out with the Country Wreath Die
- Die cut the foiage out as follows using Country Wreath Dies and the Christmas Banner dies
- Fir bough: Real red from the Christmas Banner dies (cut two and snip them apart
- Small leaf: 3 in Gold Glimmer paper and 4 in Mossy Meadow card stock using the Country Wreath die
- Stamp the sentiment in Real Red ink onto Basic White card stock
- Die cut the sentiment out using the Stylish Shape die
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the Gingham DSP to the Real Red mat with Stampin Seal
- Adhere the DSP Painted Christmas strip to the front of the matted panel
- Attach this stack to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your Basic white Stylish Shape Circle to the front of the card with Dimensionals
Putting the wreath together:
- Attach the die cut wreath to the middle of the circle with Dimensionals
- Tuck in the Sentiment and attach to the wreath with Liquid Glue
- Start adding the stems and leaves using liquid glue. (Some are on top of the wreath, and some are under the wreath to give the foliage more dimensions
- Adhere a double Gold Simply Elegant Trim bow to the center of the leaf bouquet with a glue dot
- Add some Red Rhinestones here and there onto to the wreath for added sparkle and you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: