Hi Stampers, today for our hop we have a color challenge. I chose Starry Night, Gray Granite and White for my challenge. I thought I would shake up the Christmas Scottie Dog set and make it a non-Christmas card to go along with the color challenge we have. These little dogs are adorable and could be used for all types of cards from Christmas, birthday to friendship cards. Enjoy making this cute pup into any occasion card as any theme would work. While you are here, please stop by our other our other team members blogs to see what they created using the color challenge.
The Color Challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Christmas Scottie:
Card base: Gray Granite 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Basic White 5 x 3-3/4
DSP panel: Sun Prints 4-7/8 x 3-5/8
Banner strip: Sun Prints DSP 4-7/8 x 1-1/8
Circle: In Color 6×6 DSP Starry Night Layering Circle Die
Scallop mat: Basic White Layering Circle Die (scallop)
- Punch two colors of Scottie dog with the Scottie Dog punch as follows:
- 4 Basic White and 4 Gray Granite Scottie Dogs
- Sponge the edges of one white and one gray Granite doggie with Gray Granite ink and a sponge dauber (the gray dog will be flipped to go the other direction)
- Emboss these two doggies with the Painted Texture EF
- After they are embossed glue all 4 layers of each doggie together to make a thick strong cut out. This gives the card and dogs great dimensions and helps them pop a bit more
- Stamp the sentiment from the Pansy Patch stamp set with Tuxedo Black Ink onto Basic White card stock
- Die cut the sentiment using the Harvest Dies
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the plaid DSP circle to the Basic White Scallop circle
- Adhere the DSP panel to the Basic White mat
- Attach the panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach the matted circle to the center front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere each Scottie dog to the front of the card using Dimensionals.
- Adhere your sentiment with liquid glue to the top of the circle
- Make a White Bakers Twine bow from the Bakers Twine Essential pack
- Make a Starry Night Bakers Twine bow from the In Color Bakers Twine pack
- Attach these bows to the neck of each dog with a glue dot
- Add a small Mat Black Dot to the face of each doggie and you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: