Hi Stampers, For todays hop we have a theme challenge of Bugs and Butterflies. When I saw the challenge, I knew right away what I was going to ink up. I used the Butterflies and Flowers mask on another blog hop card but used the floral mask, I had not used the butterflies yet. Well this week, they got inky. I also wanted to play with the gorgeous new in-colors and there it was, my inspiration for todays card, the Butterflies and Flowers Masks and the new In-Color inks.
Stampin’ Up! Butterflies and Flowers Mask Card:
Card base: Basic White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Starry Sky4 x 5-1/4
Art piece: Basic White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- With a blending brush blend a very light layer of the Starry Sky ink using the large solid butterfly mask to the front of the art piece
- Place the detailed butterfly mask on top of the solid blended butterfly, blend more Starry Sky Ink on top of the detailed mask making this layer much darker
- Using the splatter image from the Forever Fern stamp set, stamp some splatters here and there on the front of the art piece with 1st and 2nd generation stamping
- Run your completed art piece through your embossing machine using the Timbers Embossing Folder or a folder of your choice
- Stamp the sentiment from the Natures Prints stamp set (coming in May in the new catalog) onto a piece of Basic White card stock in Starry Sky ink
- Die cut the sentiment with the Stylish Shapes Die (coming in May in the new catalog)
Putting the Card Together:
- Attache the art piece to the Starry Sky mat
- Wrap a piece of Starry Sky Bakers Twine (coming soon) around the matted art piece
- Attach the matted art piece to the card front with Dimensionals
- Attache your sentiment with Dimensionals to the front of the card
- Add a Starry Sky Bakers Twine Bow to the left of the sentiment with a Glue Dot
- Add a large and small Starry Night In-Color Dot to the sentiment and you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: