Hi Stampers, today for our hop we have a sketch challenge. Inking up the Birds and Branches stamp set was so fun. Birds and Branches was one of the first sets I ordered. I love birds and have several feeders out in the backyard so I can see all the winged birdies that visit the garden. Right now I have a Chickadee nesting in one of my birdhouses which inspired my color choices for my card. Enjoy the hop today and do visit all the other talented ladies that have created cards today.
Stampin’ Up! Birds and Branches:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: In Good Taste DSP 4 x 5-1/4
Mat strip: Whisper White 2-1/4 x 5-1/4
Embossed strip: Early Espresso 2 x 5-1/4 Embossed with the Greenery EF
Art Piece: Whisper White largest Circle Stitched Shape Die
- Stamp the images from the Birds and Branches onto Whisper White card stock as follows:
- Bird nest: Ink in Soft Suede and add some Early Espresso at the bottom of the nest with a sponge dauber to give the nest some dimension
- Birds: Ink the solid bird image with Crumb Cake and then follow with the details bird image with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Eggs: Ink with Crumb cake and add some Early Espresso Ink with a sponge dauber at the bottom for shadow
- Die cut the nest, birds and eggs using the coordinating Birds and More Die
- Die cut the leaves twice using the die from Birds and More in Old Olive and once in Granny Apple Green card stock.
- Shadow the Old Olive leaves with some Mossy Meadow ink and a sponge dauber
- Stamp your sentiment onto the Circle using the saying from Many Mates stamp set
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your In Good Taste DSP to the front of the card with adhesive
- Adhere your Early Espresso embossed panel to the Whisper White mat strip
- Adhere this to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach your circle art piece to the center of the thin panel strip
- Adhere your Old Olive greenery to the bottom of the circle (I cut the ends off to make the greenery a bit shorter)
- Cut up the Granny Apple Green greenery and tuck it among the Old Olive greenery for add color
- Attach your nest to the bottom of the circle and on top of the greenery with Dimensionals
- Tuck one bird underneath the nest on the left with Glue Dots
- Attach the other bird with Dimensionals on the topside of the bird nest on the bottom right side
- Tuck in the 3 eggs and attach with Glue Dots
- Add a double Linen Thread bow to the left bottom on the bird nest
- Adhere some medium and small pearls here and there to the front of the card and your are finished
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card:
17 Replies to “Stampin’ Up! Birds and Branches Card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop”
Oh, Kristi, I LOVE this card! I too have several feeders and love to photograph the birds. This is one I will likely CASE! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Julie
Beautiful Card! Love the darker colors with the pops of green!
Thank you Akiko
Oh my goodness Kristi, that is amazing!! I love the design and the woodgrain background is perfect!! 😀
Thank you Amy
WOW! I love all the materials you used. Like Julie…CASEing!
Thank you Karen
Oh my goodness!! I love this, Kristi! That little bird scene on the wood-grain is perfection! 🙂
I can’t believe I said “Oh My Goodness” and so did Amy. I TOTALLY didn’t copy her! 🙂
I know you did not copy, LOL Glad you liked the card!
thank you Mary
WOW!!! This is amazing Kristi 🙂 Love the woodgrain DSP and the embossing folder you used. They are both perfect with your design
Thank you Karen
This is soooo pretty, my favorite card I’ve seen using this set!
Thank you so much DJ
Comments are closed.