Hi Stampers, Today for our hop we have a sketch challenge. Slimline cards are all the rage right now and I thought this sketch worked wonderfully to try out a slimline design. I paired the new design with the Autumn Greetings stamp set and I am delighted how the card went together.
Stampin’ Up! Autumn Greetings:
Card base: Whisper White 8-1/2 x 7, scored at 3-1/2
One extra card front: Whisper White 8-1/2 x 3-1/2
Mat: Crumb Cake 6-1/8 x 3-1/4
DSP panel: Plaid Tidings 6 x 3-1/8
Sentiment: Whisper White 7/8 x 4-3/4 punched on the end with the Banner Triple Punch
- Stamp the floral image from the Autumn Greeting stamp set onto Whisper White card stock with Tuxedo Memento Black Ink
- Color the image with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Large flowers: Mango Melody
- Oak leaves: Granny Apple Green touched with a bit of light pumpkin pie
- Maple Leaves: Old Olive touched with a bit of light Cajun Craze
- Dahlia: Blackberry Bliss
- Wheat: Daffodil Delight touched with a bit of Mango Melody
- Eucalyptus: Crumb Cake
- Berries: Cajun Craze touched with a bit of Real Red
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin Pie
- When you have the image colored you can cut it out with the Autumn Essentials Dies (I did not have the die so I fussy cut the image out)
- Stamp your Autumn Greetings sentiment using the saying from the Autumn Greetings stamp set
- I inked the image first in Versa Mark then right into my Blackberry Bliss Ink
- Put Clear Heat Emboss Powder over the sentiment and then heat set the image with your heat tool
Putting the card together:
- Wrap a piece of Bumblebee In Color Mini Ribbon around the card front panel
- Attach this panel to the front of the card
- Adhere the DSP panel to the Crumb Cake mat
- Attach the Crumb Cake/DSP panel to the front of the card centering it
- Attach your floral image to the front left of the card with Dimensionals
- Tuck your sentiment on the front of the card with Glue Dots
- Adhere a Bumblebee bow to the top of the left hand side of the floral image with a Glue Dots
- Add a few of the Artistry In Bloom Mango Melody Sequins here and there on the front of the card and you are finished
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card:
16 Replies to “Stampin’ Up! Autumn Greetings Card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop”
Simply Gorgeous, Kristi!! Love your coloring.
Thank you Julie
Your card is so pretty! The sketch is perfect for a slimline card. Love the fall colors and the plaid paper is definitely a favorite too! 🙂
Thank you Amy, my first slim line and not my last, love this new size
Beautiful Kristi 🙂 Love your colors, so warm and cozy. I’ve been seeing a lot of these slimline cards but haven’t tried it.
Thank you Karen, Try the slim line, so fun, new and different.
Beautiful!! Your colors are just gorgeous and it really pops with the white background! ?
Thank you Akiko
Wow – this is really gorgeous, Kristi – I LOVE that particular plaid and it is stunning with your flowers!! 🙂
Thank you Mary, it was fun to do! My first slim line.
What a beautiful fall card. Love how you used the sketch but made a longer card.
Thank you Ida. Slimline cards are so fun.
Your card is spectacular. I’ve been dragging my feet with a slimline, but yours makes me want to create one.
You have to try one. A fun new size gives the cards a whole new look. Let me know if you try one.
I’m in awe at your fussy cutting skills! Great job! Love your slimline style and coloring. Totally awesome!
Thank you so much Susan. Believe me, if I had the die, I would have used it but at least this was not too hard to cut. What until alternate Monday
Comments are closed.