Happy Monday Stampers, Its Alternate Monday time!
What is Alternate Monday??? This means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Perched In A Tree:
I made this card just like my Thursday blog card but changed up the colors. I was so pleased how each bird took on a personality based on the colors. I love each one and can’t even pick a favorite. Do you have one that pops out and you think, “oh that is my favorite?”
Card base: Very Vanilla 4-1/2 x 11, scored at 5-1/5
Mat: Soft Suede 4 x 5-1/4
(Mat for the blue bird is Hues of Happiness) (see below in the pictures)
Embossed and Die Cut panel: Very Vanilla 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Stamp the bird image onto watercolor paper with Veramark Ink
- Head emboss the bird with Black Embossing Powder
- Paint the bird by wetting the watercolor paper with your Aqua Painter and color the bird with diluted puddles of reinker, working in sections
- The reinkers I used were Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede and a touch of Crushed Curry.
- (the blue and yellow bird is done the same, using, Pacific Point, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Daffodill Delight reinkers)
- I flooded each section with water and with watered down reinker,s dropped color on the image with my aqua painter and let the colors run.
- Let the colors dry in-between applications so the colors do not get muddy. Each bird with turn out different as the water and reinkers do their own thing.
- Die cut the bird with the Aspen Tree Die after the bird is dry
- Die cut two leaves from the Aspen Tree dies, one in Coastal Cabana and one in Distressed Gold DSP
- Sponge the edges of the Coastal Cabana with your sponge dauber and Coastal Cabana Ink
- Stamp the tree branch image onto watercolor paper with Veramark Ink
- Heat emboss the image with black embossing powder
- Watercolor the branch with your reinkers, Aqua Painter and Soft Suede ink
- Die cut the branch with the Aspen Tree die
The Aspen Tree Panel:
- Die cut the Very Vanilla 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 panel using the Aspen Tree Die
- Run the inked, die cut panel through your embossing machine using the Timbers EF
- Stamp the sentiment with Bermuda Bay ink onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using the phrase from the Soft Seedlings stamp set
- Die cut the sentiment the Stylish Shaped die
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the Aspen Tree die cut panel to the Soft Suede panel
- Attach this to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your branch to the front of the card with Liquid Glue
- Attach your bird to the branch with Dimensionals
- Tuck the two leaves under the bird and branch with liquid glue
- Attach the sentiment to the front of the card
- Adhere a Very Vanilla Gold Trim bow to the leaf cluster with a glue dot
- Add some Gold Adhesive Backed Sequin from the Seasonal Sequins pack in the mini catalog and then you are done
Here is one more color combination:
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired todays “alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.