Happy Monday Stampers, Its Alternate Monday time!
What is Alternate Monday??? This means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
This card uses the same Home and Garden stamp set but I completely changed the layout to really give this an “Alternate” look
Stampin’ Up! Home and Garden:
Card base: Basic White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Front Panel: Basic White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 embossed with the Brick-and-Mortar EF
Strips: In Good Taste DSP two strips one at 2-1/4 x 5-1/2 and the other is 1 x 5-1/2
Art piece: Basic White Die cut with the retired Stitched Shape large circle or use the circle from the Layering Dies
Mat for art piece: Old Olive die cut with the Layering Circle Dies (largest Scallop)
- Using the Home and Garden stamp set, stamp the tools with Memento Black Ink onto Basic White card stock
- Shovel, ladder, Rake and shears: color in with Stampin Blends using, Soft Suede, Smokey Slate and Old Olive
- Die cut the tools out with the coordinating Garden Dies
- Die cut the Tool rack with a piece of DSP from In Good Taste with the tool rack die from the Garden Dies
- Die cut 4 Basic Black Tool hangers from the Garden Dies
- emboss the Basic White art piece with the Subtle EF
- Stamp the sentiment from the Home and Garden stamp set in Old Olive Ink
- Die cut the sentiment using the Stitched Rectangle Dies
Putting the card together:
- Attach your embossed panel to the front of the card with Stampin Seal
- Attach the large and small strip of In Good Taste DSP to the left-hand side of the card front with Stampin seal
- Mount your art piece to the Old Olive scalloped mat
- Attach the art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Glue our ladder to the art piece with Liquid Glue
- Adhere the Shovel and Rake to the art piece with Mini Dimensionals
- Attach the sentiment to the right had side of the art piece, on top of the tools with liquid glue and Dimensionals and you are done!
- Attach a double Linen Thread bow to the left of the art piece with a Glue Dot
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog Hop that inspired todays “alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: