Happy Monday Stampers, Its Alternate Monday time!
What is Alternate Monday??? This means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
This card uses the same Home and Garden stamp set but I completely changed the layout to really give this an “Alternate” look
Stampin’ Up! Garden Greenhouse:
Card base: Basic white 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
DSP panel: In Color Brights Coastal Cabana 5-1/4 x 4
Art piece: Basic White die cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die
- Stamp the foliage large image from the Garden Greenhouse stamp set into a piece of Basic White card stock in Old Olive Ink
- Stamp the single foliage image from the Garden Greenhouse stamp set in Granny Apple Green and stamp twice, on top of the Olive Olive inked image
- Stamp the flowers in the foliage bouquet with Melon Mambo and Coastal Cabana
- Die cut the foliage image out with the Solid Greenhouse die from the Garden Greenhouse Die
- With a Blending Brush, blend a light halo of Coastal Cabana Ink around the edges of the greenhouse
- Die cut 3 of the delicate greenhouses in Basic White card stock using the die from the Garden Greenhouse Die and glue on top top of each other to add dimension to the greenhouse
- Adhere the stacked greenhouses to the solid stamped imaged greenhouse with Liquid Glue
- Stamp an extra Melon Mambo and Coastal Cabana flower onto scrap Basic White card stock and die cut them out with the Greenhouse Dies
- Stamp the small foliage image with Granny Apple Green ink and die cut it out with the Greenhouse Dies
- With the other foliage dies from the Greenhouse dies, die cut some extra solid leaf images out in Granny Apple Green and Old Olive card stock
- Attach the flowers and extra foliage to the front, right hand side of the stacked greenhouse piece
- Stamp the sentiment of your choice onto Basic White card stock in Memento Tuxedo Blank ink
- Cut your sentiment to size with your Paper Trimmer
Putting the card together:
- Wrap a piece of Coastal Cabana Ribbon around the Stitched to Sweetly Die cut
- Adhere the greenhouse to the Basic White Stitched So Sweetly Die cut with Dimensionals
- Adhere the DSP panel to the front of the card with Stampin Seal
- Attach the art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Add the Coastal Cabana bow to the front of the card with a Glue Dot
- Adhere a few small Rhinestones to the flower centers
- Adhere your sentiment with Dimensionals to the top, left side of the card
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog Hop that inspired todays “alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (Before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: