Hi Stampers, Today for our blog hop we have a sketch challenge for you. I decided to use the last of my Toil and Trouble Designer Series Paper for my card today. As I was trying to figure out what else to use (I don’t have the matching stamp set and dies) I decided to use some old favorites. With all the beautiful NEW products that come out, we tend to forget about the ones that have been sitting on our shelves. If you are like me and you don’t own everything, every once in awhile we have to go through our stash for some old favorites. I did that today with Swirly Bird. Enjoy the hop!
Here is the sketch:
Stampin’ Up! Swirly Bird meets Toil and Trouble:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Gorgeous Grape 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Black Foil S 5-1/4 x 4
Panel: Toil and Trouble 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Strip: Bright DSP Granny Apple Green 1 x 4-7/8
Flag punched piece: Toil and Trouble 1-3/4 x 5 punched at both end with the Triple Banner Punch
Here are the details:
- Adhere your DSP panel to the Black Foil mat
- Adhere your Granny Apple Green strip to the DSP stack
- Wrap a piece of the Black Glitter Ribbon around the middle of the stacked panel
- Attach your Toil and Trouble punched piece on top of the green strip and ribbon
- Attach the stacked panel to the front of the card base
- Stamp some flowers from the Swirly Bird stamp set onto Whisper White card stock as follows
- 1 large Gorgeous Grape flower,
- 2 small Gorgeous Grape flowers, one full strength and one stamped with second generation stamping
- 2 small Pumpkin Pie flowers, one full strength and one stamped with second generation stamping
- 1 large Pumpkin Pie flower
- 4 Granny Apple Green small leaves
- 2 Granny Apple Green small leaves using second generation stamping
- Die cut the large swirly wreath with your Black Foil paper
- Die cut the medium swirly wreath with Pumpkin Pie card stock
- Glue your wreaths onto the front of the card
- attach your flowers with glue dots and dimensionals to add some height
Even more details:
- Add a Spider Trinket to the top of the cluster of flowers
- Adhere your Black Glitter bow on top of the flowers and Spider Trinket
- Add some Wink of Stella to the flowers if desired
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card:
12 Replies to “Stampin’ Up! Swirly Bird for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop”
What a cute card! The little flowers almost look like Halloween candies. Perfect colors too!
thank you Amy
I love how you organize your posts for the hop. Great job on the card too.
Thank you Karen
What a great use of old and new! Yes, we do tend to forget to use what we have on our shelves. My great granddaughter would absolutely love this card. She is a girly girl and orange is her FAVORITE color!
Thank you Julie
Oh my gosh! Love the swirly wreath on the kitty DSP – really a wonderful card! 🙂
Thank you Mary
Fan card! Love the stamps and fie cuts from the swirly bird set, works so well with Halloween….who knew?
thank you Jennifer
Comments are closed.