Hi Stampers, Today I opened up one of my new bundles from the Occasions Catalog. My share is using the “Oh So Succulent” Bundle and what can I say, I love it! From the paper to the stamps and dies, it is going to get used for lots of cards. It fits perfectly with our color challenge colors of Old Olive, Mint Macaroon and Tip Top Taupe.
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! “Oh So Succulent”:
Here is the recipe for the card:
Card Base: Old Olive 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Mint Macaroon 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Succulent Garden 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Art Piece Mat: Old Olive and the Lot of Labels Framelits (largest)
Art Piece: Whisper White and the Lots of Labels Framelits (second largest)
Here are the details:
To make the succulent flower:
- Cut out 5 mint macaroon flowers from the “Oh So Succulent” framelits
- With a sponge dauber shade the center and petals with Tip Top Taupe
- With another sponge dauber shade the tips with Old Olive
- Curl the petals with your fingers or bone folder to give them dimension
- Stack your petals with a dimensional in-between the 5th and 4th petals and 4th and 3rd petals. Attach the rest of the petals with glue
- Add a large pearl to the center
- Make a bow using the striped Tip Top Taupe ribbon
- Using your Old Olive and Tip Top Taupe markers ink up the sentiment from the Balloon Adventures stamp set using the ink to rubber technique.
- Stamp your image towards the bottom of your art piece
- Ink up the two smallest petals just like the big flower and glue together and attach to your art piece
- Add a pearl to the center
- The art piece panels are attached with dimensionals
- ink up more of the flowers from the “Oh So Succulent” set in Old Olive, Mint Macaroon and Tip Top Taupe
Here is our team:
Just click the “next blog” button to direct you to each team members blog. If you get lost along the way you can also click onto our names to find your way back.
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: