Happy Thursday everyone, Today for our hop we had a sketch challenge. I used it to inspire me and tweaked the interpretation to fit my idea. The sketch had a heart in the design and I changed that to a square. But that is the beauty of a sketch, it gives you a place to start.
Here is the sketch:
You will see how I changed up the shape in my card.
Stampin’ Up! “Oh So Succulent”
Here is the card recipe:
Card Base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Sweet Sugarplum 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Succulent Garden 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Scallop square: Sweet Sugarplum using the Layering Square Framelits
Art Piece: Whisper White using the Stiched Framlits
The large succulent:
- Cut out 5 mint macaroon flowers from the “Oh So Succulent” framelits
- With a sponge dauber shade the center and petals with Old Olive
- With another sponge dauber shade the tips with Sweet Sugarplum
- Curl the petals with your fingers or bone folder to give them dimension
- Stack your petals with a dimensional in-between the 5th and 4th petals and 4th and 3rd petals. Attach the rest of the petals with glue
- Add a large pearl to the center
The Other Flowers:
- All of these succulents are cut out using the matching Succulent dies
- Large succulent: mint macaroon card stock stamped in Old Olive ink
- Small succulent: Sweet Sugarplum card stock stamped in Sweet Sugarplum ink these are adhered with dimesionals
- Hanging succulents: Outline in Old Olive ink and stamped in Mint Macaroon. The other one is outlined in Sweet Sugarplum and stamped in with Mint Macaroon
- Splatter are from Timeless Textures in Tip Top Taupe
The Sentiment is cut from a piece of Whisper White Card stock and punched with the Triple Banner Punch. The imgae is from the Oh So Succulent stamp set in tuxedo black ink and adhered with glue dots.
Here is our team:
To see each share today just click the “next blog” button to direct through our hop. If you get lost along the way you can also click onto our names to find your way back.
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: