Hi Stampers, You might have noticed a bit of a change to our hop, it is the same great group of ladies showcasing their talents and sharing cards, but our name has changed. We all used to share our hops with Sandi McIver under “Happy Stampers”. Sandi has moved to Canada and started a new Stampin Up business there with the “Happy Stampers” name. So the group here in the USA wanted to come up with a different name, so Sandi could continue with “Happy Stampers” in Canada. From now on we are the “Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop”. Stayed tuned for some great card shares and ideas.
The Color Challenge:
Today’s challenge colors were Real Red, Whisper White and Gold. My first thought was of course Valentines but then I started playing with the new set from the Occasions Catalog called Beautiful You and what can I say, the rest is history.
Stampin’ Up! “Beautiful You”
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Real Red 4-1/4 x 11 scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Basic Black: 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: From Pop of Pink DSP stack 3-7/8 x 3-1/2 and 3-7/8 x 2-1/2 overlapped and glued together to form the top mat
Scallop circle: Real Red
Circle: Whisper White
Sentiment: Whisper White 2-1/2 and 2-3/4, punched with the Triple Banner Punch.
The stamped image:
- Glue your pop of pink papers onto the black mat and wrap a piece of Real Red ribbon around the seam
- On your Whisper White circle ink the image with Staz on Black ink
- Color in the image with your NEWwatercolor pencils and blend with your blender pen
- I deepened the color by stroking in some Real Red from my Stampin Marker
- Adhere to the Real Red scallop circle and attach with dimensionals
- Attach your card to the Real Red card base.
- Stamp your sentiment with the ink to rubber technique. I used the Basic Black and Real Red Stampin Marker
- Tuck the sentiment under the circle a bit and attach with glue dots
- Put a glue dot where your bow will be and make some loops with fine metallic thread and attach them to the glue dots
- Finish by attaching your Real Red bow with a glue dot to the center of all those metallic loops
- Some Gold Metallic embellishment stars complete the card.
- I stamped another image just like I did on the front of the card except I had part of the image slightly off the edge for more interest.
- I colored in the image with watercolor pencils, Voila, You are done!
Here is our Team:
Just click the “next blog” button to direct you to each team members blog. If you get lost along the way you can also click the names to find your way back.
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: