Hi Stampers, Today we have a color challenge using Lovely Lipstick, Lemon Lime Twist and Black. The DSP paper, Broadway Bound was the perfect choice for my share today. I did have the paper but did not order in the matching stamp set. Since I did not have the stamp set I let the beautiful paper do all the work for me today. This card just had the stamped sentiment, the rest was all paper. I love a quick card every once in awhile and this fast card did the trick.
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Broadway Bound:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Basic Black 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Broadway Bound Balloon paper 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
DSP Broadway Bound Patterned paper 3-7/8 x 2
Sentiment: Whisper White 3/4 x 3-1/2 punched with the Triple Banner Punch
Here are the details:
- Adhere your DSP panels to the Black mat
- Wrap a piece of Lovely Lipstick Ribbon around the card where the DSP panels meet
- Attach the wrapped matted panel to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment in Versa Mark Ink
- Heat emboss the sentiment with Black Emboss Powder and your Heat Gun
- Die cut the three balloons with your Layering Circle Framelits using Whisper White card stock, Neutral DSP pack and the Broadway Bound DSP pack (one each)
- Sponge the edges of the balloons with your sponge dauber and Gray Granite Ink
- Attach the balloons as follows: White:glue dots, Lovely Lipstick: one dimensional, Gray Granite: double stacked dimensionals
- Attach three Black Bakers Twine strings and two matching bows (disclaimer: I did not have any bakers twine so I used the black cording. I discovered if I cut into it it has two cords running through it and cut them a part to get my black string) This was more time consuming but pretty creative to make my own black thread!
- Attach your sentiment with dimensionals
- Add your Lovely Lipstick bow and some Glitter dots for added sparkle
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: