Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Wonder of the Season meets Poinsettia Petals:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Panel: Brushed Metallic in Gold 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Mat: Real Red 4 x 5-1/4
Scrappy Strip panel: Real Red 3 x 5-1/4
Sentiment: Whisper White die cut using the Tasteful Textures Die
- Cut diagonal strips of the Wonder of the Season DSP
- Cut diagonal strips of the Brushed Metallic Gold DSP
- Using your 3 x 5-1/4 piece of Real Red card stock glue the strips of DS to the front of the panel (leaving a tiny space between each strip) The strips will hang off the edge of the paper
- After your strips are all glued on, turn the panel over and using your paper trimmer, trim all the strips flush with the card panel
- Emboss the the 4 x 5-1/4 Real Red panel with the Tasteful Textile EF
- Adhere your scrappy strip panel to the Real Red embossed panel
- Stamp the medium and small poinsettia images from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set onto Vellum with your Versa Mark Ink
- Emboss the images with Gold Embossing Powder and heat set with your heat gun.
- Die cut the images out with the Poinsettia Dies
- Adhere the two layers of poinsettias together with a glue dot
- Die cut 3 berry stems using the die from Poinsettia Dies and your Brushed Metallic DSP
- Stamp your sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set with Real Red Ink
- Die cut the sentiment out using the Tasteful Texture Die
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the gold panel to the front of the card
- Attach the scrappy strip panel to the Real Red embossed panel
- Wrap a piece of the gold cord around the panel where the two papers meet
- Adhere your sentiment to the right hand side of the card, on top of the gold cord with Stampin Seal
- Adhere your poinsettia with glue dots
- Tuck in the berry stems under the poinsettia and adhere with glue dots
- Adhere a Beaded Pearl to the center of the flower
- Add a gold cord bow to the left of the sentiment adhering it to the Gold Cord that is wrapped around the card panel
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired my ” Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: