Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin; Up! Playful Pets:
Card base: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Real Red 4 x 5-1/4
Panel for placing the strips: Real Red 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Banner: Real Red 1/1-/4 x 3-7/8
Sentiment: Whisper White 1/2 x 2 punched with the Banner Triple Punch
Art piece: Playful Pets DSP die cut with the second largest Stitched Shape Circle Die
Art piece mat: Real Red die cut the the coordination Layering Circle Scallop Die
- Cut 6 x any size strips of Playful DSP (mine were approx. 1/2 and up in size but any size strips work, no measuring needed on this one)
- Apply liquid glue onto the back of your first strip and lay it anywhere diagonally across the Real Red panel
- Proceed to lay 3 more strips in the same directions leaving tiny spaces between strips
- Apply the next strip in a different direction and proceed to cover the entire card, laying strips of paper down until the card is filled
- Adhere your 1-1/4 x 3-7/8 Real Red strip of card stock across the completed panel about 2/3 the way down
The sentiment and art piece:
- Stamp your sentiment from Itty Bitty Greeting stamp set onto the sentiment piece with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Adhere your DSP circle art piece to the Real Red Scallop Die cut with Dimensionals
Putting the card together:
- Attach your DSP strip panel to the Real Red mat
- Wrap a piece of Playful Pets Black and White Bakers Twine around the Real Red banner strip panel
- Attach this panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attache your Art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionls
- Attach your sentiment piece to the left hand side of the art piece tucking the end under the art piece
- Add a Playful Pets Black and White Bakers Twine bow to the left side of the art piece
- Attach a Real Red Rhinestone Jewel to the puppy’s neck
Here is the card that inspired todays “Alternate” look
Can I help you?
- Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: