Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Ice Cream Corner:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
DSP panel: Ice Cream Corner DSP 5 x 3-5/8
Mat: Bermuda Bay 3-1/8 x 4-1/2
Small DSP panel: Ice Cream Corner die cut with the Stitched Rectangle Die that measures approx. 3 – 4-3/8
Circle: Whisper White die cut with the Stitched Circle Die (second largest)
Circle scallop mat: Bermuda Bay die with the Layering Circle Die
Sentiment: Whisper White 1 x 4 (we will be cutting this down) Punched with the Banner Triple Punch
- Punch the ice cream cone, cone using the Ice Cream Corner DSP
- Run the cone through the Tasteful Textiles EF for added dimension
- Stamp your ice cream using the stamp from the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set as follows:
- One each of Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, and Terra Cotta Tile
- On the Terra Cotta Tile, add Terra Cotta Tile sprinkles using the image from the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set
- Add Wink of Stella onto each scoop and let dry
- Die cut the tiny flower that is on top of the cone in Bermuda Bay card stock and the die from Budding Blooms die set (or any tiny flower will do)
- Punch the end of the sentiment piece with the Banner Triple Punch
- Stamp the sentiment from the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set in Versafine Ink
- Then stamp again directly into the Cinnamon Cider Ink
- Sprinkle the sentiment with Clear Embossing Power and heat set with your heat gun
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your DSP Ice Cream Corner panel to the front of the card
- Adhere the small DSP panel from Ice Cream Corner DSP to the Bermuda Bay mat
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Glue the White circle to the Bermuda Bay Scalloped mat and attach to the left side of the card
The ice cream cones:
- Attach the cone to the Whisper White circle with Dimensionls
- Attach each scoop of ice cream to the cone with a Glue Dot on the bottom and a Dimensional at the top of each scoop
- Proceed until each scoop is adhered
- Attach the tiny Bermuda Bay flower to the top scoop of ice cream
- Tuck your sentiment under the cone and attach your sentiment with Glue Dot to the cone (trim down your sentiment to approx.. 3-3/4 long
- Add a Cinnamon Cider Ribbon to the left of the circle art piece
- Adhere some Rhinestones here and there on the front of the card for added sparkle
- Add one last Rhinestone to the center to the flower and you are done
Here is the card from our Thursday blog hop that inspired the “Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.