Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Hydrangea Haven:
Card base: Highland Heather 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Gorgeous Grape 4 x 5-1/4
Top panel: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
DSP backgound: Hydranea Hill 3-7/8 x 3
making the flower cluster:
- Stamp the small hydrangea cluster image from the Hydrangea Haven stamp set in black Tuxedo Memento Ink onto a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Color in the leaves with your Old Olive Stampin Blends
- Color in the flower with your Highland Heather Stampin Blends (this is just so a bit of color shows through after you adhere the die cut flowers)
- Die cut the inked and colored flower cluster with the coordinating Hydrangea Die
- Tiny flowers: Die cut a row of each of the tiny flowers in Misty Moonlight, Soft Sky, Highland Heather and Purple Posy
- Sponge the edges of the tiny hydrangea petals with a sponge daubler as follows
- Seaside Spray and Misty Moonlight flowers: sponge with your sponge dauber in Misty Moonlight
- Highland Heather and Purple Posy flowers: sponge with your sponge dauber in Highland Heather
- Die cut the outline leaf using the die from the Hydrangea Dies in Old Olive Ink. Snip the leaves off the stem
- Stamp the solid double leaf image from the Hydrangea Haven stamp set in Old Olive Ink and them die cut the leaves out with the coordinating die
- Curl up the edges of the tiny flower to give them a 3-D look and with liquid glue attach the tiny flowers to the stamped and colored flower head
- Die cut the Whisper White panel with the die from the Curvy Dies, I cut two from this panel
- Adhere the 3-7/8 x 3 panel of DSP to the back of the pieces of the Curvy Die Whisper White panel (this panel will be longer that the finished 5-1/8 piece
- After the DSP panel is attached trim each end of the Whisper White panel until you have a finished length of 5-1/8 I cut portions off the top and the bottom
- Ink up your sentiment from the Quite Curvy stamp set in Black Tuxedo Memento Ink into the top portion of the Whisper White art piece
Putting the card together:
- Glue the art piece to the Gorgeous Grape panel Mat
- Attach this panel to the front of the Highland Heather card front with Dimensionals
- Attach your flower cluster to the card front, right side of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach your stamped leaves to the left and right side of the flower cluster with a glue dots
- Adhere your Old Olive outlined die cut leaves around the flower cluster with glue dots
- Add a Gorgeous Grape Sheer Ribbon bow to the right side of the flower cluster with a Glue Dot
- Adhere some Rhinestones to the center of each small hydrangea petal and a few around the edges of the flower cluster and you are done
Here is the card that inspired my “Alternate” look. My alternate look was all about using the same color palate and changing up the design, enjoy
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: