Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Gather Together:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Regal 6×6 DSP in Old Olive Check 4 x 5-1/4
Art piece: Whisper White 3-1/2 x 4-3/4
The art piece:
- Stamp the background leaves as follows
- Large fern leaves: from the Tropical Chic stamp set in stamped off Old Olive
- Dark leaves: from the Rooted In Nature stamp set in Mossy Meadow
- Splatter background: from the Waterfront stamp set in Soft Suede
- After all background design is stamped run the art piece through the Brick and Mortar Embossing Folder
The cut outs:
- Stamp the tree ring image from the Rooted In Nature stamps set in Soft Suede Ink onto a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Fussy cut the tree ring image out with your paper snips
- Stamp the large leaf image from the Gather Together stamp set with Black Tuxeto Momento Ink onto Whisper White card stock
- Using Pumkin Pie, Old Olive and Crushed Curry, take your sponge daubers and blend the three colors over the leaf image in blocks of color
- Die cut the large leaf out with the Gathered Leaves Dies
- Using the two small leaf dies from the Gathered Leaves Dies, die cut two leaves in Old Olive card stock
- Take a sponge dauber and Mossy Meadow ink and shade the edges of the leaves
- Stamp your sentiment
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your art piece to the Old Olive checked DSP
- Adhere this stacked panel to the front of the card
- Adhere your tree ring image to the front bottom right side of the art piece with dimensionals
- Adhere your sentiment with glue dots
- Loop some Linen Thread to the left hand side of the tree ring with a glue dot
- Adhere your large leaf with glue dots on top of the looped linen thread
- Adhere the two die cut leave to the large leaf with glue dots
- Color in some Rhinestones with your n Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin Blend and add to the front of the card
- Adhere a double Linen Thread bow to the stem of the cluster of leaves
- Add your sentiment to the inside of the card using the Gather Together Stamp set and you are done
Here is the card I did for the Thursday hop that inspired my “Alternate Monday” design. You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: