Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Today for the “alternate look” I have chosen to use a different coloring medium. On the original I used my Stampin Blends. Today for my medium I chose to watercolor with Re-inkers and an Aqua Painter. I love the different looks you get by changing it up just a bit.
Stampin’ Up! “Free As A Bird”:
Card base: Pool Party 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Whisper White 5-1/4 x 4
DSP: Bird Ballad 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
- Stamp your bird image from the Free As A Bird stamp set into a piece of watercolor paper with Versa Mark Ink.
- Sprinkle the image with Black Emboss Powder and heat set with your Heat Tool.
- Stamp three small flowers into a piece of watercolor paper with Versa Mark ink, Black Emboss Powder and Heat Gun.
- All coloring is done with your Aqua Painter and Re-inkers as follows:
- Color your birds in Daffodil Delight.
- Color the wings and heads in Pool Party.
- Color in the leaves with Old Olive.
- Color in the flowers, and the extra flowers with Calypso Coral.
- Color the stem with Soft Suede.
- Fussy cut the extra flowers with your paper snips.
- Die cut the colored bird image with your Stitched Nested Labels Dies.
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the DSP panel to the Whisper White mat.
- Wrap a piece of Lace Trim around the card.
- Adhere this panel to the card front with dimensionals.
- Adhere your art piece that you stamped from the Free As A Bird Stamp Set to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Add your extra flowers to the front of the art piece.
- Adhere small pearls to the center of the flowers.
- Adhere a small Bird Ballad Trinket to front of the art piece.
- Add a Lace trim bow by your Bird Ballad Trinket with a glue dot and you are done.
Here is the card from the Thursday Hop. The layout is the same but the coloring of the birds and the little details have been changed to give it an “alternate look”
You can see the cards here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: