Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Brightly Gleaming Card:
Card base: Very Vanilla 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Night of Navy 4 x 5-1/4
DSP panel: Brightly Gleaming 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Small mat: Copper 2-3/4 x 4-1/8
Art piece: Very Vanilla die cut with the Stitched Rectangle Die that measures 2-5/8 x 4
Banner: Brightly Gleaming 2 x 5-1/2 punched at the bottom with the Banner Triple Punch
- Stamp two of the holly images onto Very Vanilla card stock using Black Tuxedo Memento Ink from the Brightly Gleaming stamp set
- Color in the leaves with your Mossy Meadow Stampin Blends
- Color in the berries with your Night of Navy Stampin Blends
- Add some Wink of Stella to the berries for added sparkle
- Fussy cut the images out with your paper snips
- Stamp your sentiment from the Brightly Gleaming stamp onto the Very Vanilla art piece with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Add the tiny sprinkle dots using the image from Brightly Gleaming stamp set in Night of Navy.
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your Night of Navy mat to the front of the card
- Adhere the Brightly Gleaming DSP panel to the Night of Navy mat
- Adhere the 2 inch banner to the right side of the front of the card with Stampin Seal
- Adhere the art piece to the Copper mat
- Wrap a piece of Copper Ribbon from Basket Weave Ribbon Pack around this matted art piece
- Attach the art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your holly leaves to the right bottom of the art piece with Glue Dots for one and Dimensioanls for the otherinishing touches:
- Add a Copper bow from the Basket Weave Ribbon Pack to the right side of the holly leaves
- Add some Champagne Rhinestones here and here for add sparkle to the front of the card
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired this “alternate” look
Can I help you?
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: