Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Birthday Bonanza:
Card base: Crisp Cantaloupe 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Basic Black 5-1/4 x 4
Panel for scrappy strip technique: Basic Black 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Strips of DSP 5-1/2 by any cut you make
Sentiment: Crisp Cantaloupe and Basic Black card stock die cut with Pink Fresh Studio Essentials Classic Word Die
- Cut strips of your DSP with your paper trimmer making them5-1/2 by any cut you want, just put them in the trimmer at an angle and just cut away, thin, thick it does not matter
- Start by gluing the first strip into the edge of the Basic Black panel, right along the edge
- Proceed to layer each strip next to the previous strip leaving and ever so slight gap in between ( the strips will overhang on the top and bottom of the card)
- When you are done gluing the strips across the Basic Black panel, trim the bits off the card by putting the art piece facing down in your trimmer, and cut all the extra bits off
- Mount your art piece onto the Basic Black mat
Putting the card together:
- Wrap a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe Natures Twine around the Scrappy Panel and mat
- Mount this to the card from with Dimensionals
- Die cut your sentiment in Basic Black and Crisp Cantaloupe card stock with the Pink Fresh Word Die
- Mount the sentiment onto the card front with Dimensionals
- Add a Crisp Cantaloupe Natures Twine bow to the left of the die cut words
- Add some Rhinestones and Crisp Cantaloupe Happiness Blooms Enamel dots the card front
Here is another color combo:
The card inspiration:
Here is the card from our Thursday blog hop that inspired todays card. By changing the sentiments the card gets an alternate look!
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.